Expert Support for Digital Photography: Our tag line says it all
We help all levels of photographers, whether you’re a passionate amateur or a working pro. From learning new skills in photography, Lightroom and Photoshop to solving your computer hardware or photo management problems to spec’ing out your next computer or photo trip, we can solve just about any challenge you have. If we can’t solve it, odds are we know someone who can.
Scroll down to learn more about our services.
1 on 1 Private Sessions
Get the support you need
Whether personal or professional, in-person or online and no matter where you live: New York City or around the world, we’re full-time photography coaches who can meet every need at any level. We’ve proven our teaching methods by passing Adobe’s stringent certification tests that guarantee we have high standards as Lightroom and photography experts.
So, no matter your age, background or skillset, we will work with you every step of the way with complete dedication to your learning experience. We do this with patience and a healthy sense of humor. Please, click the Contact button below to schedule a free 30 minute strategy session to discuss your requirements and expectations.
Catalog Setup and Management
Get control your images
The digital revolution has brought to photography a limitless opportunity to capture the world. And these vast quantities of images can leave today’s digital photographers with complex management challenges. Whether it’s planning a new catalog of images, locating missing photos, reorganization or restructuring of a library in Lightroom or another program, we can help. We’ve organized hundreds of libraries and understand that everyone has different requirements.
- Getting Things Started: Just starting out? We’ll set up your initial catalog to meet your needs and show you how to keep things organized on your own.
- Fixing Things: Is your catalog a total mess? We can restructure your existing library of photo by removing duplicates, locating missing photos and getting everything into a clean, manageable structure.
- Moving Things Around: Are your photos scattered across multiple devices? If your hard drives are full or your photos are located on a variety of devices – we can transfer everything to a new, larger hard drive or even move everything over to your new computer. We’ll get you back on track and show you how to stay on track.
- New Software: Do you need to switch programs? We have experience moving photos out of Aperture, iPhoto, Picasa and many other applications.
No matter your circumstances, we work to get your images in order designing a system of importing and managing that suits your needs. Click the Contact button below and schedule a free 30-minute strategy session.
Our workshops are different
We’ve crafted a different approach to learning Lightroom and photography. While most workshop instructors lack our professional experience and qualifications, we offer you real insider knowledge and practical skills.
Together, we average more than 30 years of digital photography experience and have hard-earned certifications from Adobe demonstrating our expertise and skill. From start to finish we’re both keeping an eye on everyone’s progress. We are two of the most qualified, dedicated and passionate instructors you’ll ever work with. Ask any of our clients!
For more about the Lightroom Guy workshops, visit our LightroomNYC website.
Travel Photography Tours and Workshops
Bespoke Photography Tours for Discerning Photographers
Lightroom Guy photo tours are totally customized travel workshops offering the ultimate private and small-group travel experience for photographers. Working with our expert local guides to find off-the-beaten-track locations with insider access, we currently offer the following tours:
- Wildlife safari in East Africa
- Unique landscapes and monasteries of Northern Greece
- Hill Stations and Backwaters of Southern India
- Austere and stunning landscapes and waterfalls of Iceland
- Wild white horses, birds and landscapes of the French Camargue
- And other world destinations
And just because we’re looking for exotic opportunities, doesn’t mean we ignore famous or remarkable landmarks. We just have our secret spots for photographing them. Our tours include local travel, all fees, hotels, most meals and daily photo instruction including Lightroom and/or Photoshop training from highly experienced photography professionals.
We are your photography solutions partner
Lightroom Guy is boutique operation. We’re two highly seasoned photography pros with industry connections and extensive assignment experience in travel, journalism, studio and advertising photography. Everything we do is tailored specifically to solve your corporate photography challenges and enable your business objectives.
A few of the services we provide our clients:
- Set up a new, or organize an existing photo library
- Find solutions to your photo management challenges with our well thought out strategies that work for the long haul
- Recommendations for cameras, accessories, hard drives, RAIDs, printers, peripherals and computer purchases
- Computer setup, installation of software
- Back up strategies, including setup of RAIDs, Cloud backups, installation and setup of backup software
Whether you’re a corporation or a small business, Lightroom Guy understands photography and photo management like few others. Add in our technology solutions for storage, archiving and printing and you have the perfect solutions partner.
Click the Contact button below and schedule a free 30-minute strategy session with us to discuss your business’s photography requirements.