Mainland Greece Photography Workshop
This Greece Mainland Photography Workshop visits Athens, Meteora and Zagori region. The tour is guided by Athens native and professional photographer, Dimitris Giouvris and his local support team. I’ll be adding to the experience with private coaching, creative and technical support. You’ll have opportunities to expand your travel photography portfolio, gain new photography skills and learn post-production techniques that will transcend your expectations to create photos beyond ordinary.
And, with every location, we’ll be taking in Greek culture with an emphasis in the history, food culture, authentic experiences, visits to local artisans and classes. But don’t let us stop you from shooting if that’s your pleasure. We’ve scheduled time for personal exploring and relaxing as well.
Welcome to Athens! You’ll arrive in Athens for our group dinner and get to know your travel partners and team leaders. The first leg of our Greece mainland photography workshop. From sunrise to sunset, you will have plenty of time to explore and capture this ancient city from Dimitris’ magical (and sometimes secret!) viewing locations. From the Acropolis to the Temple of Olympian Zeus to the world-class Acropolis Museum, you’ll experience Athens like a real native.
Athens is where we will also get a rare private tour of a folk music craftsman at work making a “Bouzouki,” a traditional Greek musical instrument. Later, you’ll be entertained with a dinner to a locals tavern. Dancing is optional!
The following day we’ll take off take off on a relaxing train ride and watch the city fade into the countryside as we travel to the UNESCO site of Meteora. We’ll be here for a few days to photograph the amazing rock formations and the Monasteries.
Starting early in the morning you will visit the traditional village of Kastraki overlooking the rock formations of Meteora. We find our way to some unique locations capturing photos of the monasteries found up top the ancient rock formations. We visit two monasteries and explore this wonderful unique landscapes that Meteora has to offer.
An unprecedented tour around the UNESCO Heritage site of Meteora, photographing its multitude of unique visual highlights. In your private vehicle and with some light walking, you and your photographer guides will spend time photographing ancient monasteries which sit atop these rock formations, while exploring the beautiful landscape.
Ioannina and Zagori will be our next destination to capture the unique stone bridges of Kapetan Arkoudos, Kokkori, Lazaridi, Plakida and Kipoi, the rock pools and Papigo village. These are very special locations and so, in addition to our workshop time, we have set aside time for personal exploration and hiking. No need to rush.
The area, quite vast is home for 46 small villages situated in North West Greece. Zagori is an area of great natural beauty and two National Parks, one including the river Aoos and the Vikos Gorge, the other around Valia Kalda, to the east. The stone arched bridges were built by benefactions from expatriate merchants in the 18th century and replaced older wooden bridges.
A wonderful way to conclude our photography tour around Greece!
With dozens of amazing, carefully curated photo locations, private and group photography and Lightroom lessons and behind-the-scenes experiences, your curating, developing and visual composition skills are sure to improve. We guarantee this 7 day photography tour in the friendly, picturesque and deeply historic country of Greece is a once in a lifetime trip.
The only two words you’ll need to know in Greek are “Kalimera” and “Geia mas.” With these words you’ll be certain to have an exceptional time in Greece!
Mainland Greece Photography Workshop
- 2024 Workshop – May 7th – 16th
- Also available as bespoke private tour. Please contact Dimitris for a quote.
Cost and Details
- 10 days/9 nights
- Photographic and cultural adventure in Greece
- 6700€ (Euro) per person in shared room
- Book a single room with a surcharge of 1200€ (Euro)
- A non-refundable deposit of 500€ (Euro) required to secure your reservation
- Balance is due 16 weeks (4 months) prior to the start of the tour
- PayPal fees are not included
- 3 – 6 Participants
Experience | Difficulty
- Beginner, amateur, enthusiast and semi-pro photographers
- DSLR, mirrorless, compact or smartphone cameras
- Moderate schedule
- Travel by jet, train and car
- Considerable elevation changes, stairs and plenty of walking
- Non-photographers are welcome
What is Included
- 2 professional photographers leading the group
- Small group size (3-6 participants)
- All hotel accommodations (4-5 star)
- Breakfast & Meals
- Train ride to Meteora, local transport and related travel fees
- Airfare return ticket to Athens (last day, May 11th 2022)
- Pre-tour advice on your travel to Greece
- Access to our private Facebook group
- Greek and English speaking tour guides
- Fees to archaeological sites, museums and classes
What is Not Included?
- Travel to and from Greece
- Travel Insurance – we recommend Squaremouth.com, an excellent portal for comparing and choosing travel insurance.
- Dinners and lunches not with the tour group, other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses such as tips, alcoholic drinks, gifts, etc.
Itinerary may be subject to change due to bad weather, public transport timetable changes and other factors beyond our control. Any significant change in exchange rates (USD or Euro) and/or other factors may require a slight change in our tour price.
The tour requires a minimum of 3 participants and we limit signups to a maximum of 6 participants, so that we may provide personal attention to every photographer.
- 90 days or earlier cancellation before tour start date – full refund
- 90 – 60 days cancellation before tour start date – 75% refund
- 60 – 30 days cancellation before tour start date – 50% refund
- Less than 30 days no refund
Note: If we (or you) find someone to replace your reservation, you will not lose your payment for canceling.
Bookings and Information
For bookings and inquiries please contact: