2022 & 2023 dates – Our unique Greek Islands Photography Workshop visits the unique islands of Sifnos and Milos and, of course, a day in Athens, home to Plato and Zeus. The tour is guided by Athens native and professional photographer, Dimitris Giouvris and our local support team. I will be along on this experience to provide private coaching, creative and technical support. You’ll have opportunities to expand your travel photography portfolio, gain new photo skills and learn new post-production techniques that will transcend your expectations to create photos beyond ordinary.
And, with every location, we’ll be taking in Greek culture with an emphasis in the history with authentic experiences like visits to local artisans and cooking classes. But don’t let us stop you from shooting if that’s your pleasure. We’ve scheduled time for personal exploring and relaxing as well.
Welcome to Athens! You’ll arrive in Athens for our group dinner and get to know your travel partners and team leaders. From sunrise to sunset, you will have plenty of time to explore and capture this ancient city from Dimitris’ magical (and sometimes secret!) viewing locations (be ready to climb some steps!). You will also get a rare private tour of luthier making a “Bouzouki,” the traditional Greek stringed instrument. Later, you’ll be entertained with dinner at local tavern. From the Parthenon to the Temple of Olympian Zeus to the world-class Acropolis Museum, you’ll experience Athens like a native. Dancing is optional!
Our next destination will be the lesser known island of Sifnos. In this hidden jewel of the Aegean, we will embark on an exploration of traditional white and blue villages, meeting Sifnos’ natives and tasting locally grown food. This quiet island is noted for its long history of exceptional pottery.
Sifnos has long tradition of pottery making, supplying Greece and the Mediterranean region with ceramics since before written history. The rich deposits of clay are still excavated from the surrounding hills and the kilns are still fueled with wood. Here, we’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at the craftspeople of traditional cycladic art in their pottery workshop.
Between exploring the whitewashed small villages of Sifnos, we will make our way to a traditional Greek farm. This experience will be as close as you can get to the rural countryside of the Aegean islands. Get ready to learn to cook, prepare and photograph Greek food! We’ll document our cooking process and completed Epicurean creations before sitting down and enjoying a well prepared meal we’ve created ourselves.
Take some time to reflect on our past few days and travel to the island of Milos for a traditional Greek dinner at sunset.
Our first experience on this leg of the tour will be a sunset cruise on a private boat, exploring the island views from a unique off-shore perspective. We’ll explore Milos island’s white washed small houses and walk between the anarchy built roads of Plaka, the Klima fishing village, and Adamas. Along the way, we will also shoot the colorful, handcrafted waterfront “Sirmata” homes and wander the catacombs.
Milos is known for its incredible geology, tasty local Greek dishes and incredible views of the sea. Be prepared to eat healthy and well!
A destination much unknown to tourists visiting Greece, Milos is one the the hidden jewels of the Aegean. Milos boasts 72 beaches and is home to the unique white stone beach formations of Sarakiniko. We’ll walk through the classic white and blue painted villages and photograph gorgeous sunsets from the castle overlooking Plaka village.
A wonderful way to conclude our Greek Islands Photography Workshop and return to Athens!
With dozens of amazing, carefully curated photo locations, private and group photography and Lightroom lessons and behind-the-scenes experiences, your curating, developing and visual composition skills are sure to improve. We guarantee this seven-day photography tour in the friendly, picturesque and deeply historic country of Greece is a once in a lifetime experience.
Greek Islands Photography Workshop
- 2022 Workshop – May 14th – 23rd
- 2023 Workshop – May 15th – 24th
- Available as Private Tour. Please contact us for a quote.
Costs and info
- 10 days/9 nights
- Photographic and cultural adventure in Greece
- 6900€ (Euro) per person in shared room
- Book a single room with a surcharge of 1300€ (Euro)
- A non-refundable deposit of 500€ (Euro) required to secure your reservation
- Balance is due 16 weeks (4 months) prior to the start of the tour
- PayPal fees are not included
- 3 – 6 Participants
Experience | Difficulty
- Beginner, amateur, enthusiast and semi-pro photographers
- DSLR, mirrorless, compact or smartphone cameras
- Moderate schedule
- Travel by jet, ferry and car
- Considerable elevation changes, stairs and plenty of walking
- Non-photographers are welcome
- 2 professional photographers leading the group
- Greek and English speaking guides
- Small group size (3-6 participants)
- All hotel accommodations (4-5 star)
- Breakfast & Meals
- Ferry rides to the islands, local transport and related travel fees
- Pre-tour advice on your travel to Greece
- Access to our private Facebook group
- Fees to archaeological sites, museums and classes
What’s Not Included?
- Travel to and from Greece
- Travel Insurance – we recommend Squaremouth.com, an excellent portal for comparing and choosing travel insurance.
- Dinners and lunches not with the tour group (Meals with the group are included)
- Personal expenses such as tips, alcoholic drinks, gifts, etc.
Itinerary may be subject to change due to bad weather, public transport timetable changes and other factors beyond our control. Any significant change in exchange rates (USD or Euro) and/or other factors may require a slight change in our tour price.
The tour requires a minimum of 3 participants and we limit signups to a maximum of 6 participants, so that we may provide personal attention to every photographer.
- 90 days or earlier cancellation before tour start date – full refund
- 90 – 60 days cancellation before tour start date – 75% refund
- 60 – 30 days cancellation before tour start date – 50% refund
- Less than 30 days no refund
Note: If we (or you) find someone to replace your reservation, you will not lose your payment for canceling.
Bookings and Information
For bookings and inquiries please contact: