My workshop partner, Athens native and talented landscape photographer, Dimitris Giouvris of Athens Photo Tour is announcing his winter Dalmatian Pelicans Photography Workshop.
Photographing the iconic Lake Kerkini Dalmatian Pelicans in winter is a unique wildlife experience. Curious and calm around humans, these gentle giants are a migratory species with penetrating eyes and 3 meter wingspans. Immerse yourself in this unique location and expand your travel and nature photography portfolio. We will also go deep into composition and post-production techniques that will help you to create photos beyond your expectations.
A Workshop with a Native Greek Guide
Guided by Dimitris Giouvris and his local support team, this small group tour guarantees all participants will have access and equal time to find their perfect shots.
You will be photographing in beautiful early morning and late day light. But this workshop is not just about birds, while you’re here, you have the option to take a historical day trip and a scheduled experience with a local cook introducing you to this area’s delicacies.
This is an amazing opportunity to photograph a rare bird species combined with expert guidance and small group size. All the participants are sure to have a great time at Kerkini lake in Northern Greece.
Lake Kerkini, Greece will be our headquarters for the next five days. During our first day we will introduce our guests on the protocols of the European Natura 2000 Network. We will share our photographic techniques to help you enhance your wildlife portfolio. And, for the next four days we will walk along the lake shore and travel by boat, to set up perfect photo opportunities.
With amazing, carefully curated locations and behind-the-scenes experience, your curating, developing and visual composition skills are sure to improve. We guarantee this 5 day photography tour in the friendly, picturesque and deeply historic country of Greece is a once in a lifetime trip.
The only two words you’ll need to know in Greek are “Kalimera” and “Geia mas.” With these words you’ll be certain to have an exceptional time in Greece!
Here are the details for the Dalmatian Pelicans Photography Workshop:
- 2024 – January 27th – 31st
- Available as Private Tour. Please contact us for a quote.
Cost and Info
- 5 days/4 nights
- Photographic and cultural adventure in Greece
- 2200,00€ per person in single room
- A non-refundable deposit of 500,00€ required to secure your reservation
- Balance is due 16 weeks (4 months) prior to the start of the tour
- PayPal fees are not included
- 3 – 6 Participants
Experience | Difficulty
- Beginner, amateur, enthusiast and semi-pro photographers
- DSLR, mirrorless, compact or smartphone cameras
- Moderate schedule
- Travel by car, boat rides in the lake
- Early morning winter excursions to the lake, little walking between spots
- Non-photographers are welcome
- Greek and English speaking guide (Dimitris Giouvris)
- Small group size (3-6 participants)
- All hotel accommodations, next to the lake
- Breakfast & Meals
- Transfer from and to Thessaloniki airport
- Local transport and related travel fees
- Local foodie experience
- Pre-tour advice on your travel to Greece
- Access to our private Facebook group
- Fees to sites, museums and classes
What’s Not Included?
- Travel to and from Greece
- Travel Insurance – we recommend Squaremouth.com, an excellent portal for comparing and choosing travel insurance
- Dinners and lunches that are not with the tour group (Meals with the tour are group included)
- Personal expenses such as tips, alcoholic drinks, gifts, etc.
Itinerary may be subject to change due to bad weather, public transport timetable changes and other factors beyond our control. Any significant change in exchange rates (USD or Euro) and/or other factors may require a slight change in our tour price.
The tour requires a minimum of 3 participants and we limit signups to a maximum of 5 participants, so that we may provide personal attention to every photographer.
- 90 days or earlier cancellation before tour start date – full refund
- 90 – 60 days cancellation before tour start date – 75% refund
- 60 – 30 days cancellation before tour start date – 50% refund
- Less than 30 days no refund
Note: If we (or you) find someone to replace your reservation, you will not lose your payment for canceling.
Bookings and Information
For bookings and inquiries please contact:
Dimitris Giouvris: firstname.lastname@example.org