Over this past year, I’ve found myself setting up JoinMe for an online Lightroom Guy session more frequently. Yes, I know, it sounds impersonal, but I was getting requests from Paris and Los Angeles, and the tri-state area, where driving an hour and a half to do a 2 hour session is impractical. So this year I started remote tutoring sessions with a bit of trepidation. Could I be as effective as working in person? Especially when I’m challenged with a complicated Lightroom Library problem? Well, yes, I discovered I can and the tutoring sessions online weren’t impersonal at all. The guy in Paris was a small business who needed to clean up a very large photo library that became unruly. And the woman in L.A. wanted to switch from Aperture to Lightroom and learn to develop her travel photos. So, just to make things easier, I’ve made this short video to give you an idea of what to expect during the JoinMe setup process.
June 17, 2016
Well, things have changed and JoinMe got better. So here are my new instructions:
- Go to http://join.me/apps
- Click on the big orange DOWNLOAD button
- After downloading double click on the join.me.pkg, which opens the installer
- Click “Continue” to install the JoinMe app
- Agree to the license agreement
- Use the default install location and put in your computer password, if required
- Skip “More About Join.Me”
- Your JoinMe app is now in your applications folder. Find it and double click to open the app.
- Choose I already have an account
- From that point, I will give you the login and password information and we will be off and running.